Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we were lucky enough to have an entire week off of school. It was wonderful! I think it is the best decision Gwinnett County has made in a long time. I sure hope they make the same decision again next year :).
During the week we did lots of different and fun things to make it a little vacation. Ally and I went to paint pottery, we say Aunt Jenny, Great-Grandpa, and Grandma a lot. We even saw Mamaw and Grandpa on the computer too. We got to do all of this Monday-Thursday. Then on Friday morning the fun started. I think one of the best holidays on the planet is Black Friday. To give you an idea of how much I love this holiday I feel I need to share a story with you about something that happened.
So it is 3:50 in the morning and Target is getting ready to open and I am at a red light. Well, I look over at the car next to me, it is a mini van with a mom in it. So I predict she is going to Target too. So what do I do, I speed past her at the light so I can beat her to Target. Yes, that is me on Black Friday morning. I am up and ready to shop!
I actually stepped it up a notch and it worked out great. I got up at 2 AM to first stop at ToysRus, then I made it to Old Navy by 3:15, and then to Target when they opened at 4. It was great! I had a plan to my madness, but I can't share b/c I am afraid more people might join in. If you are interested let me know and I will fill you in. I was planning all week what time to leave and where to go, I know I was driving Justin crazy with all of this :) So I got done shopping by 4:30 AM and then headed home to make one more purchase online before going to bed, again. The only problem was that Justin was getting up soon to leave for Valdosta and I didn't want to wake him so I just hung out for a little bit until he was up. It was a crazy, but great morning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandy,

You are the reason I have to stay open for 24 hours that day haha I hope you got some good deals

SaxMitch said...

I must say I stayed in the house all day....ummm relaxation. I can't function at that time of morning.