Sunday, March 29, 2009

36 weeks...

So I am now officially 36 weeks and 9 months pregnant. It is funny before I started this pregnancy I thought you were pregnant 36 weeks and then the baby comes, right.... well no it is 9 months or 40 weeks pregnant. That was one of the first things we both learned. I think people hide that part of it, b/c it is a long 4 weeks. We are down to 3 1/2 weeks until the due date. Our fingers are crossed that it might happen the week of spring break, April 4-12. If you would like to cross yours as well, we would really like that :). I guess I am just fearing giving the CRCT (GA's state test) and my water breaking in the middle of it. The thing is I don't think GA would be very happy with me and how I distracted the testing environment of my students. Who knows what they would do? Like I said this has been my biggest fear. I am just really hoping my labor doesn't get started that way. The Dr. did tell us only 10% of women's water breaks before any contractions or anything. We already had that happen to a friend so I am hoping that she is the 10% and I can go along with the other 90%. I am hoping this for my students as well :) I go back to the Dr. tomorrow and we will see what he says. More to come soon...
video

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Showered with love...

These past couple of weeks have been packed with showers from so many wonderful friends and family. We were so lucky to have so many showers. They were all wonderful. I think we are going to have the best dresses little girl around. Some of the outfits we got are the cutest things you have ever seen. I promise to take lots of pictures of her in her adorable dresses and body suites.
I have been working away washing everything and putting it all in her dresser and closest. You should have seen the washer with all of these baby clothes in it. Most of them looked like doll clothes. I can't believe she will be fitting in these tiny clothes. I can't wait!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

nursery photos
















34 weeks and counting! Yikes!

Sorry it has been so long. Things have been a little crazy recently. We spent one Saturday at our childbirth and labor class. This class was interesting and eye opening you could say for both of us. I think both of us knew about labor and how it would happen but neither of us truly thought about how it would happen. I guess you could we both are a little more nervous about it, but we are very glad we took the class. The class really helped prepare us for what is to come in a few weeks.
I can't believe I am 34 weeks. The Dr. said she is full term at 37 weeks, so that is only 3 more weeks and she will be full term!! I just did the math, that is three weeks! We could see Allyson in 3 weeks! We are very excited about this, but it is bringing new nerves for sure. Thankfully we have lots of family and friends to lean on during this exciting time. I promise to do a better job updated everyone throughout these next couple of weeks.