Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A summer full of projects

We fixed our door bell. It woks now!
We got new floors downstairs!! We love them!!
We made Ally a playroom. She loves it!!
We added a backsplash and new floors to the kitchen!!
We fixed the handle to our screen door. (Dave this is for you :)


As I type this now I realize I will be at work tomorrow at this time. And well I will be at work at this time until next summer pretty much. (OK I know we have weekends and some holidays, but just feel sorry for me for a second :). I do feel it is a time to reflect for a second though about what happened this summer and how it was as always such a success. We started the summer off with a trip to the beach. It was Ally's first time at the beach and our first family trip. The trip was a huge success and I understand why families go to the beach every year. There is constant entertainment, always a place to nap, and plenty to eat. It was great. After that we were home for a few days and then headed up to Louisville and Indiana. Those trips are always fun too b/c we get to see family and friends and find time to relax a little too. We always seem to make time for shopping too. Once we got back from those two trips our busy summer kind of started. Justin was in full swing of summer football stuff and I had started summer school. I know most people must think I am crazy for teaching summer school, but it really was not that bad. While I was teaching summer school we decided to start some of the home improvement projects we wanted to do this summer. Some were small and some were big. I still don't believe it, but they all actually got done. Including some surprise ones when our air conditioner stopped working and starting leaking. Wonderful!!
Then before I knew it I was done with summer school and I got 2 1/2 weeks to just chill with our girl. These two weeks have been awesome!!! In some ways I wish I had all of the weeks of summer, but it did make these two weeks even better. Before I know it we will be in the middle of a football season and working hard to continue the school year. It was another wonderful summer, and I can't wait to start planning for the next one :).

No comments: