Friday, August 20, 2010

All Smiles, well most of the time...



This past week we started school and Ally started going to daycare full time. (This summer she just went 3 days a week for about 4 weeks). I didn't think going back to daycare full time would be a problem at all b/c she went throughout the summer and had no problems at all. She was actually happy to go I think. Well she was not a happy camper at all about starting again. I would leave her crying and trying to grab at me. It was not an easy way to start a new school year for me. I was almost in tears myself every morning. Then when I would pick her, she wasn't having good days either. We were all wondering what was going on and why she was so grumpy. It seemed natural to think it was just getting into the swing of things again. (at least that is what I tell myself). Once the weekend came around I noticed Ally had some gunk in her eyes. Each day it got a little worse, until Monday morning when she couldn't open her eye. I thought she must have pink eye. So I took Monday off to take her to the Dr. and check her out. I am still thinking she has pink eye, b/c around her eye was red and she had gunk in her eyes. Well it turns out she had an ear infection. I was like what!! I had no idea. The poor girl was so stuffed up everything was draining from her eyes. I had no idea she was stuffed up. I have been thinking back on the week and I am mad I didn't see the signs. I guess I have learned if she is grumpy and not having good days something must be wrong. She doesn't get fevers or even show regular signs, just being moody and grumpy. I guess I am learning more and more of how to "read" my child. The problem is she keeps changing her signs. Hopefully one day I will be able to catch up with her. At least we got some medicine and she is feeling much better, having great days again, and even smiling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you will learn the signs it is all part of motherhood. The hard and wonderful job