Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July

She is always on the move now.
Our failed attempt at trying to recreate last years cute 4th of July picture.
Last year on the 4th! Can you believe how time flies!!

Fourth of July always has two meanings for us, 1. celebrating summer and America all in one. 2. summer is half way over :(. I guess that is the definition of summer for a two teacher house hold. This year was no different. We had a great 4th of July weekend. I am teaching summer school this year and the best part of the budget shortfall is 4 day weeks, which is wonderful. So I had Friday-Monday off of school. Justin had those days off too, which was lots of fun. With the 4th being on Sunday this year most of the festivities took place on the 3rd here, which worked out great for us. We started the 3rd with a parade in downtown Stone Mountain, and then Mom and I headed to Phantom of the Opera at the Fox. I know it is not very patriotic, but it was still fun. Then on the 4th Justin and I ran the Peachtree Road Race. I know it was a crazy kind of last minute discussion, but thankfully it all worked out. We are always afraid to sign up for a number because we never know if we will train and be ready for the race. Well for some reason this year, we or me actually trained and was ready for the race. Thankfully we were able to find two numbers and run the race together. It went great and the weather was fabulous for the start of the race. Then on Monday we went on a family trip to Ikea. I love that place!! They had lots of new stuff and some fun stuff to look at for Ally. We are in the process of turning the downstairs room into a playroom for her, so we found some stuff to help with that project. It was a successful trip!!

No comments: