Sunday, November 1, 2009

New food


At the 6 month visit the doctor said we could start introducing new foods to her. We have stuck with the cereal for months 4-5 and Ally was just eating it up like a champ. She loves her cereal, so I was excited to see how she liked other foods as well. The doctor suggested we start with the veggies first so we could hopefully get her used to eating the non sweet foods first. On the day the doctor said she could try new foods I got really excited and went straight to the store to get lots and lots of food. Yes our pantry is full of peas, green beans, carrots, and pears. So far we have tried peas, green beans, and carrots. I tried the peas first, and well the picture above shows you how well she liked the peas. Not her favorite at all!!! I was a little worried about the peas and what would happen next. So we switched to carrots for a week and she has loved them. She loves turning her face orange with carrots. Today I just tried the green beans with my fingers crossed and she likes them!!! I am surprised and excited. One reason I am excited is b/c if you remember what I said above is that our pantry is full of food!! Thank goodness they will not be a waste too.

No comments: