Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life as a Mom

I remember preparing to become a mother and everyone telling me I would miss the sleep and the quiet time. Yea, I do remember those great times. I also remember everyone telling me you will talk about poop more than you ever thought you would, and well that is true too. I have realized though there are a few things that people forgot to mention to me.

1. Your memory never comes back.
2. Daily I walk out of my house with banana, milk, or cheerios on stuck to me
3. I worry more of what Ally eats, how much she ate, what she didn't eat, and how much she snuck to the dog that I forget to eat.
4. I actually was excited about Halloween this year.
I decided to start this random list b/c I did one of the craziest thing yesterday that I didn't even realize until it was too late. I went to school with 2 different shoes on!! Yes!! At least they were both black and not too crazy different, but they were still different.

I love being a mom, but I have found myself doing things that just crack me up, that I would never believe I would do now. I am sure this list will continue to grow through the years and the kiddos to come. But as of now I still can't believe I went to school with two different shoes on!! I hope I might get a few posts of some crazy things that my other mom friends have done so I don't feel so bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You mean things like buying donuts paying for them and driving off before you pick them up. Or using the pick up service at the grocery store and forgetting to go pick them up.
As your grandmother told me from the day your child is born you will never again wake up without thinking about what each one of your children are doing that day! Love you forever !