Sunday, May 2, 2010

WOW! Has it been a week




We started the week with a great celebration for Ally's first birthday. She did such a great job and the party ended up perfect. We all had a great time. I think Allyson really liked the cake, attention, and all of the gifts. I think we might have a attention getting and loving little girl. She is the best though.
Then the week made a little turn. On Monday, I got a call at work from daycare saying that Ally had fallen. I was like ok. They then told me that she had knocked her tooth out! I couldn't believe she had knocked her tooth out!! We called the dr. and they recommended us to a pediatric dentist in the area. I then went to get Ally from daycare find her hanging out and smiling in her room. She didn't seem to have a worry in the world. I took her tooth to the dentist with us. I still hadn't seen the tooth b/c it was in the milk. When we got to the dentist it had the best waiting room for any kiddo. Allyson wanted to get down and play so bad. The only problem was that she was covered in blood from her tooth coming out. I mean she was still dripping every time she touched her mouth, which was often since she sucks her thumb. She was not a happy camper that I didn't let her play. That made waiting and filling out paper work a challenge for sure. We finally got to see the dentist and he couldn't believe her tooth, neither could I. It had come all the way out. I mean the entire root and all. He was actually impressed with how well it had come out. Since it came out so well they didn't have to do an x-ray or really look for any damage. He did look at her gums and said they looked great. He said if we wanted to look into getting a fake one we can when she turns 3 or 4, but we have some time until then. We are just going to wait and see what happens if we get another tooth for her. We are hoping her permanent tooth comes in just fine.
So far she has been doing good with missing a tooth. She is still eating and drinking everything just fine. We have noticed one change in her though. The climbing and being adventurous has stopped. She won't even stand on her own right now b/c she is afraid of falling. We actually got her a slide and climbing castle for her birthday and well she is pretty much terrified of it right now. Every time we put her near it she screams. We are hoping this will pass soon too.
I guess we now have a toddler!!

1 comment:

SaxMitch said...

Poor little girl. That had to hurt. Good thing it was temporary tooth.